BIG NEWS! (And HEEELLPPPPPP Please!)
This is a different kind of blog post. It’s not about my kids, my dog, or my emotional inner landscape, the one I’m usually trying to work out on these pages. This post is about …
If you haven’t heard, I have a book coming out in May, a book I love and that I’ve worked so hard on, a book I’ve ripped apart and rewritten more times than I want to count.
I want to give this book — it’s called DARLING GIRL and it’s filled with magic and love and loss and all the things I treasure in my favorite books — the very best chance at success, so you are going to be hearing a lot about it from me. I hope that’s okay.
How You Can Help
Promoting is hard for lots of authors. As someone who has used hiding behind the cover of a book for decades to avoid social situations, it’s definitely a struggle for me! If you’d like to help, here are a few things you can do:
- Preorder my book. Preorders make a enormous difference in a book’s success. Ask your local bookstore to order it for you, or visit my website and order from one of the stores listed there. (Sign up for my newsletter while you are at it — I post infrequently, kind of like here, but will be sharing giveaways, behind-the-scene-stuff, and random Slobbering Beast photos.)
- Talk it up with your friends, relatives, strangers on the street. Tell them it’s a dark Peter Pan retelling and that they’ll love it. (I pinky-promise, they will.)
- Ask your library to carry it. I completely understand that the cost of a hardcover book may be out of your budget right now. The library is a wonderful alternative, and I’d be thrilled to have DARLING GIRL stocked at yours.
- Give it as gifts. Consider buying a copy for the favorite female in your life — my release date is close to Mother’s Day — your favorite older teen, or just your favorite person.
- Come to a signing. I’ll be posting where I’ll be on social media and on my website and emails, and I’d really, really love to see you there.
- Leave a review.
- Help amplify the book’s reach on social media by sharing posts about it, or creating your own. (Use the hashtag #darlinggirlbook)
Thank you for reading this and for going on this journey with me.